Hospice of Texarkana was established in 1985 BY the community and FOR the community. The Junior League of Texarkana granted $50,000 to establish a non-profit hospice in Texarkana—this was also the first hospice in the region.
Boards of Directors
Hospice of Texarkana Foundation
Larry Sims, President; Marshall Moore, Vice President; Belinda Baker, Treasurer; Mack Lawrence, George Leake, Pete Snow, LaCrecia Barry, Tom Daniels, Cindy Marsh Executive Director, Ex-Officio
Hospice of Texarkana
Hon. Bobby Lockhart, President; Tom Moore, Vice President; John Stanley, Treasurer, Gwenn Schnipper, Secretary; Cookie Gender, Past President; Dr. Laura Balmain, LaCrecia Barry, Tom Daniels, Kyle Davis, Lou Ella Humphrey, Ken King, Mack Lawrence, George Leake, Brenda Maxey, Joe Schoen, Larry Sims, Pete Snow, Jerry Thomas, Cindy Marsh; Executive Director, Ex-Officio
Hospice of Texarkana, Inc. will significantly enhance the end of life experience by ensuring access to quality hospice care.
Hospice of Texarkana will set the standards and expectations of our community for the delivery of consistent, effective, and compassionate care.
Hospice of Texarkana maintains a high degree of compassionate care, ethical standards, and stewardship through transparency and accountability.
We will do this by:
- Educating clients and their families about end-of-life care.
- Monitoring and managing symptoms, providing medical equipment and being available 24/7 to our patients and families.
- Facilitating closure of life and providing bereavement support to adults and children during the illness and for a year thereafter.
- Hospice affirms life
- Hospice strives to relieve suffering caused by physical, emotional and/or spiritual concerns.
- The patient and family will be active participants in the development of care plans which prioritize their choices and values.
- Services are provided to all qualified persons who reside in Hospice of Texarkana's service area without discrimination on the basis of: age, race, color, religion, military status, lifestyle preference, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or source of payment.
- Core services are provided regardless of ability to pay.
- Bereavement services will be available to the community at large.
- Hospice of Texarkana is committed to helping the community in an ethical manner that promotes the true meaning of community service.
Hospice of Texarkana/Hospice of Hope is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Hospice of Texarkana Foundation was established in 2000 to ensure the future of hospice care for Texarkana and surrounding areas. The Foundation also is governed by a volunteer Board.